Being Patrick Reed Means Ignoring The Noise As He Wins WGC-Mexico Championship > 자유게시판

Being Patrick Reed Means Ignoring The Noise As He Wins WGC-Mexico Cham…

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 France Fitzsimo…
댓글 0건 조회 4,523회 작성일 23-03-26 16:59

본문

MEXICO Metropolis -- The noise, at occasions, could be deafening, deflating. It's actually distracting. Patrick Reed admits as much because it can be practically unattainable to say or do otherwise.

And so it was that Reed had not one however two grenades tossed his means this week within the wake of Sandy-gate within the Bahamas, the "cheating'' scandal that continues to canine him.

For reasons of his own making, that controversy lingers, however Reed thrives amid chaos. We have seen it at the Ryder Cup and all through the past few months, as he has endured his share of taunting and jeers from spectators, fellow competitors and commentators.

As such, it was only fitting that Reed emerged from the rubble on Sunday at Club de Golf Chapultepec, outlasting an all-star cast on the leaderboard to shoot a ultimate-spherical 67 and capture the WGC-Mexico Championship by a shot over Bryson DeChambeau.

So much for karma.

"Actually, at the tip of the day, to me it would not actually matter,'' Reed mentioned of all the chatter that has engulfed him of late. "For me, it is go out there and continue doing what I am presupposed to do, and that's attempt to play the perfect golf I can, try to be one of the best particular person I can and try to set an example for the youthful youngsters which can be out here watching, in addition to my kids which can be watching back at home.

Editor's Picks

Reed shows his moxie and wins WGC-Mexico3y

"If I really feel like I'm doing that, that is all I can ask for. I feel like I have been doing a good job of that, and hopefully every part starts smoothing out and going the correct route.''

Reed, 29, continues to be the topic of intense criticism over the Bahamas incident wherein he was penalized for enhancing his line of play in a waste space, an infraction the led to a two-stroke penalty and a far harsher sentence within the court of public opinion.

He has been branded a cheater in some circles, a troublesome cost to reside down and one made even more so by related accusations that have followed him from his college days a decade in the past.

But Reed won his eighth PGA Tour title Sunday, adding to a listing that includes the 2018 Masters and two World Golf Championship titles, the primary six years in the past at this identical tournament when it was performed at Doral.

Again then, Reed declared himself a "high-5 participant'' following that victory. It was a curious remark that now ranks effectively down the list of bizarre issues hooked up to him.

For a time on Sunday, Reed appeared out of it, as Bryson DeChambeau birdied 4 of his first 5 holes on the again 9 to take a seemingly commanding lead. Reed trailed by two on the 15th tee. However when DeChambeau three-putted the 17th inexperienced for a bogey, he left an opening that Reed took by birdieing three consecutive holes. A wayward tee shot by Reed at 18 led to the ultimate one-shot margin of victory.

Afterward, DeChambeau -- who has been the subject of his own level of controversy, principally over sluggish play but additionally due to among the quirkiness in his game -- was the primary to congratulate Reed.

"As a result of he is an ideal player,'' DeChambeau stated. "There's been a whole lot of stuff said in past years, I guess you might say, with him -- and even with me. And yeah, there's issues that we've achieved that haven't been right, however we have not really gotten the perfect rap. I really feel like, unfortunately, generally we get fairly a nasty rap. We're still attempting to supply nice entertainment for everyone. He's an ideal player, and he'll be an incredible player for a long time. And I have a number of respect for his game.''

Earlier within the week, Brooks Koepka took a shot at Reed in a Sirius/XM interview during a promotional tour for the PGA Championship.

"I don't know what he was doing, building sand castles in the sand, but you realize where your membership is,'' Koepka said. "It's a type of things where, you realize, when you look at the video, he grazes the sand twice, after which he nonetheless chops down on it. ... If you happen to play the game, you understand the foundations.''

Then it was former CBS commentator Peter Kostis, who noted in a No Laying Up Podcast that on a number of events, he witnessed Reed improving his line of play in the tough.

"I've seen Patrick Reed improve his lie up shut and private 4 instances now,'' Kostis said.

When asked about these feedback earlier this week, Reed went with a normal response: "I stated what I must say about what happened in the Bahamas. At the top of the day, all I am attempting to do is exit and play good golf and making an attempt to win a golf championship.''

A day later, Reed acknowledged that the entire discuss has become disruptive.

"I think the biggest factor for me is I just work so exhausting at [ignoring it],'' he mentioned. "My workforce and that i work really arduous, and I am not going to, like, just the entire thing on the outside distracts us from our ultimate objective, and that's to exit and play nice golf and proceed to try and enhance every day on and off the golf course.''

So much for distractions. Reed manages to excel regardless of the drama. He recorded a third-place finish at the Hero World Problem on the back of a remaining-spherical sixty six the day after the foundations controversy ignited. He said he by no means heard a "cheater'' chant as he putted in a playoff that he misplaced to Justin Thomas within the Sentry Tournament of Champions. He even bounced back on the Presidents Cup in Australia, the place he was the subject of intense heckling and abuse, to win a closing-day singles match.

On Sunday, he beat DeChambeau, Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy and Thomas, among others.

The man has his detractors, for positive. But he additionally has sport, loads of it -- and even more, it seems, 千葉 レジャー when the world is against him.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

company business product solution seminar news contact us TOP▲