What Is The Heck What Exactly Is Audi G28? > 자유게시판

What Is The Heck What Exactly Is Audi G28?

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Margot
댓글 0건 조회 8회 작성일 24-04-13 18:34

본문

g28-car-keys-logo-white-green.pngHow to Replace an audi tt key programming key Shell (spectr-sb116.ru) G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Mercedes-Benz-3D-Star.pngIn this video, Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. The sensor is located on the edge of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via the grey wire (T55/49), then to the tachometer within the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located at the edges of the transmission, directly above the flywheel ring. This sensor sends an electrical signal through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU uses this information to regulate fuel and boost. It also sends an indication to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference point to connect with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu has to be aware of when the crankshaft has reached TDC, and the location of the camshaft in order to activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails when it fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error message. This means that the Crank Shaft is out of sync with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of the possibility of a chain stretch or jump in the chain link of the upper chain. The code won't appear without the additional information supplied by other sensors (G4 or G40).

Testing is a bit tricky since there are two pins for the connector and they perform different functions however the best way to test it is to measure the resistance between the sensor and the ECU. It should read approximately 1000 ohms if the sensor is in full operation. Look for signs of coolant, or oil in the connector bay if there are issues with this component.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, i experienced massive power loss as if the engine was running out of gas or injectors are not firing at all. I took out the spark plugs this morning, three were drenched in gasoline and the fourth was dry. I put tissue over each injector hole, and when i start the engine with no sparks, the ones with gazoline jump right out. The 4th one stays closed. I checked the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55, 30/55 and 48/55. I get 0ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is in another location.

I also tried to reset the PID but with no luck. The car can start when the G28 is not plugged in and runs fine when it is connected, but still has the intermittent misfire issue at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even if it is not plugged in, shows a temperature of -49c. Also i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit is showing 2 bar when the actual pressure is 0.0 if i crank up the engine.

I'm not certain what to do, as i think i've pretty much ruled out everything else. However, i'm afraid that I might have missed something. Let me know If you have any suggestions! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump on the g28 is activated by a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter functions similarly to the G4 sender, and both operate on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. It is easy to find a spare in a wrecking shop or parts store. Testing them is easy - put your DMM in resistance mode and measure the resistance between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's end up) and 2 (2nd from left on the black end of the connector). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that has to know the position and speed of the crankshaft to make decisions regarding fuel injector timing etc. To accomplish this, it utilizes a Crank Position Sensor Audi key shell (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you are experiencing issues with either one of these, the diagnostic scanner will display codes that could lead to the engine shutting down.

A malfunctioning G28 sensor can cause an inaccurate speed counter for the gearbox or a gearbox that shifts more quickly than normal, or a misfire in the gear. If you experience any of these issues, it is likely your sensor is failing and needs replacing. They're inexpensive and easy to locate, especially when they're a Bosch unit like ours. Alternately, the GM version of this part is also a good option.

5. Tachometer

A failing engine speed sensor could be the cause of a slew of issues in your vehicle. It's an essential component of the transmission of your Audi, as it transmits information to the ECU regarding how fast or slow the engine is spinning. When this sensor fails, it could cause problems for the transmission, as well as the rest of the car's components.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the edge of transmission, above the flywheel ring. It sends an electrical signal through gray wire to ECU pin T55/49. The ECU then processes this signal to control fuel, timig, and boost and then sends it on to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster. You can check for sensor failure by examining the continuity of the sensor to the tachometer. Also, you can examine the continuity between pins T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should see approximately 1000 ohms of resistance between those two pins. This is the same across the Audi 80-100-200-RS2 series, starting from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS An and 1995 RS2 DU, so you might find some good ones in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

company business product solution seminar news contact us TOP▲