Mega Darknet Market: Video Spotlights Dark web Crime Group > 자유게시판

Mega Darknet Market: Video Spotlights Dark web Crime Group

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Florentina
댓글 0건 조회 7회 작성일 24-04-08 02:01

본문

A disturbing, minute-long video shared on the darkish internet offers a glimpse into the operations of "one of the biggest" cartel-like cybercrime outfits.

The criminal group behind the video, Mega Darknet Market, is reportedly concerned in bank fraud and identity theft. It additionally offers generative artificial intelligence (AI) tools to different cybercriminals to help their unlawful actions.

In the video, a person who identifies as Sanchez says, "Yes, I sell Chase Bank accounts. Yes, I am considered one of the primary people who started to sell financial institution accounts four years in the past."

David Maimon, a criminologist and professor at Georgia State University, who shared the video on LinkedIn, offered some context for the video in his publish.

"One of the first and busiest distributors of drop financial institution accounts (mule accounts) has simply released an replace to a few of his involved customers who haven’t seen him on the online underground marketplace for few weeks," Maimon wrote.

Mule accounts are financial institution accounts created with stolen identities. Scammers and other cybercriminals purchase these accounts to launder the proceeds of their illicit operations.

Organized Crime on the Dark Web

According to darkish internet resource DarknetOne, Mega Darknet Market is "one of the go-to markets" for Russian audio system that emerged after Hydra Market, the world’s largest darkish web market, was shut down by regulation enforcement in 2022.

"We began with my companion about four years ago. Now, we’re about 30 individuals in one office," Sanchez said in the video. "Buyers ask where I disappeared. In fact, I didn't go anyplace, I’m nonetheless with you. In the intervening time, we're resting with the workforce because we worked for a 12 months without breaks."

Haywood Talcove, CEO of LexisNexis Risk Solutions’ Government Group, told Fox News that teams like Mega Darknet Market stole billions of dollars from the U.S. authorities by means of pandemic fraud and are using AI tools to hide their tracks.

Talcove explained that these groups provide the fraud-as-a-service options that "low-stage fraudsters" use for their unlawful actions. They’re like "the twentieth century Italian mob, or modern-day drug cartels," he explained.

Besides financial fraud and other nefarious actions, groups like Mega Darknet Market provide AI instruments for deepfakes, fueling sextortion schemes.

Spurred by the launch of OpenAI’s revolutionary ChatGPT final year, cybercriminals have embraced generative AI. We’ve reported about several generative AI tools designed for criminal purposes, like FraudGPT and DarkBERT.

In July, senior FBI officials warned that hackers are increasingly utilizing open-source AI tools to create and improve malware, social engineering, and disinformation campaigns.

How one can Defend Yourself Against Advanced Threats Online

It may seem extremely tough to guard your self from superior cybercriminals schemes, however fundamental cybersecurity practices can go a great distance to protect you on-line.

We recommend utilizing a premium antivirus solution, enabling two-factor authentication across your accounts, and combing via your financial institution statements for unusual actions.

Also, use a premium VPN like NordVPN to remain nameless online and forestall threat actors from monitoring you. And, consider investing in dark web monitoring. A darkish web monitoring device will notify you when your knowledge seems on darkish net boards and provide instructions on tips on how to mitigate the results of such a breach.

For extra cybersecurity news, follow us on X (Twitter), Threads, and Mastodon!

Δ

Mirza Silajdzic Author

Senior News Journalist

Over the previous three years, Mirza has distinguished himself as an expert tech journalist at VPNOverview. Backed by a degree in Global Communications, his meticulous writing encompasses the evolving realms of generative AI and quantum computing, whereas additionally illuminating important facets of malware, scams, and cybersecurity consciousness. His articles have discovered acclaim on prestigious platforms, starting from cybersecurity portals like Heimdal Security to broader channels such because the official EU portal. Furthermore, he is continually partaking with different experts in cybersecurity and privacy, enriching his detailed analysis.

If you liked this article and also you would like to receive more info concerning mega darknet market i implore you to visit our own webpage.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

company business product solution seminar news contact us TOP▲